GridSite 0.9.x Documentation
is a set of extensions to the Apache 2.0 webserver, which support
Grid security based on X.509 certificates. Since GridSite applies access
control within Apache itself, via mod_gridsite, Grid authorization and
the associated verified credentials are available to all technologies
supported by Apache, including static file serving, SSI, CGI, PHP, JSP and
- User Guide
- End-user documentation for people managing webpages and files on
GridSite servers, either through the web interface or with command
line clients like htcp.
- Admin Guide
- For people administering areas of GridSite websites or fileservers, or
managing GridSite's support for DN List groups.
- Building and Installation
- Instructions for building GridSite from source, and installing from
binaries or RPMs.
- Config Guide
- For webmasters setting up Apache 2.0 and GridSite, and writing the
Apache httpd.conf file.
- httpd-fileserver.conf and
- Example configuration files for simple HTTP(S) fileservers and
webservers, with explanatory comments.
- Grid Access Control Lists
- Syntax and usage of the XML Grid Access Control Lists used by GridSite.
- htcp and
urlencode man pages
- Command line tools for copying files to or from HTTP(S) servers, and
for URL-encoding strings.
- An Apache 2.0 module which enforces access control via Grid Access
Control Lists, and X.509, GSI or VOMS credentials. mod_gridsite also
gives Apache built-in support for the HTTP PUT and DELETE methods, and
formatting of HTML pages with standard headers and footers.
- gridsite.h API reference
- A detailed description of the C API provided by libgridsite, generated
from the sources by doxygen.
Last modified Sun 14 December 2003
. View page history
Switch to HTTPS
. Print View
. Built with GridSite 1.4.3